Famous throughout the world and heart of the Renaissance, Florence houses some of the most important treasures of Italian and Western culture such as Michelangelo’s David, Botticelli’s Venus, the specimen dome byBrunelleschi and the ancient Ponte Vecchio.
Pitti Palace and the Uffizi Gallery also offer the opportunity to make an extraordinary journey through the works of Raphael, Botticelli, Rembrandt, Caravaggio and many others. Florence is also the birthplace of the great Dante Alighieri and it saw express the unparalleled genius of artists such as Michelangelo and Leonardo Da Vinci.
The wealth of Florence is also in good food; the Chianti , offers the unmistakable taste of its typical products and the inviting aroma of its wines.
Events and special offers in Florence during this period
- 5/22/2013 - The New Florence Biennale – IX Edizione 2013 - From 30/11/13 to 12/08/2013 will host the ninth Florence Biennale, founded in 1997 by Pasquale and Piero Celona and built within the space of Fortezza da Basso in Florence, which happens to be one of the few events d ‘international art structured as a platform-independent and self-financed for contemporary art, where artists from all [...]
- 4/9/2013 - Synagogue of Florence - The Great Synagogue of Florence was opened in 1882, several years after the Emancipation of Italian Jews in 1861 with the proclamation of the unification of Italy. And ‘one of the best examples in Europe of exotic Moorish style. The need for adequate Temple to Florentine community began to discuss at the end of 1847, [...]
- 3/27/2013 - FIRENZE PER BENE - Sorry, this entry is only available in Italiano.
- 3/19/2013 - Spring to Florence - The arrival of Easter is coincides this year with the arrival of spring, which is always a sign of rebirth and renewal: the nature of returns to bloom, the sun returns to shine and the senses are stimulated by the arrival of this sweet and pleasant air that allows long walks regenerating the spirit and [...]
- 3/5/2013 - The Easter Bach - On 24 March 2013, on Palm Sunday before Easter, will be held in the Basilica of Santa Croce in Florence an evening meeting between the rationality of the composer Johann Sebastian Bach and faith. At 21 hours the teacher Mario Ruffini will conduct the chamber orchestra JSB, Collegium Musicum Italiae execution of “The Art of [...]