Choose to stay in Florence for your Christmas Holidays, the city welcomes you with its beauties, that make it world famous, shrouded in a particular atmosphere made of lights, colours and fun.
Walking through the historical alleys, the narrow streets and the main squares, you will have the opportunity to look around in the Christmas Markets (German Christmas Market in Santa Croce square opened untill 10.00 p.m. or the traditional Little Christmas Fair in Santo Spirito square or Gallettino’s Market where is possible to exchange books or toys and fairy-tales becomes true making children happy) close to the traditional one opened all year around (San Lorenzo’s Market, Porcellino’s Market, antiques market in Piazza dei Ciompi, Sant’Ambrogio’s Market, for example). But Christma is in particular a religious celebration and Florence have a lot of churches, oratories, institutes where is possible to admire wonderful cribs, that could be traditional, animated or living.
For those who love music, Florence offers a rich concerts calendar, the events take place in the main theatre and churches:
- Christmas Concert bySchola Cantorum F.Landini, V.Galilei Orchestra, conductor N.Paszkowski, music of F.J.Haydn – Chiesa di San Salvatore al Monte
- Claudio Baglioni “ConcertOpera” - Teatro Verdi
- Filarmonica Rossini Christmas Concert – Teatro della Pergola
- ORT Christmas Concert. The big Mass by Mozart, conductor Frans Brueggen – Teatro Verdi
- Harlem Gospel Choir – Tour 2009 - Saschall Teatro Tenda
- Christmas Concert – St. Mark’s English Church
- Musica in Maschera. Romatic Opera Arias and Duets – Cenacolo di Fuligno 25th December
- Jesus Christ Superstar – by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice (edition in the original language with subtitles in Italian and live music) – Saschall Teatro Tenda
Also the theatre calendar offers very interesting pieces, we are pleased to suggest you a show reseved to the children:
- A Christmas Caroll by Charles Dickens – theatre show for children, directed by Alessio Ferruzzi – Teatro di Cestello
Florence propose a real programm reserved to families with children that will visit the city during Christmas Holidays, such as visit to the Uffizi Gallery with a specialised guide that will explain the Renaissance’s masterpieces in a very comprensible and funny way for the youngest, or animated lectures at Biblioteca delle Oblate, or Medrano’s Circus at Nelson Mandela Forum.
Christmas in Florence? Why not!
The Ars Hotels Firenze properties can offer you a very special stay… Visit the web pages dedicated to Grand Hotel Adriatico, Hotel Rivoli, San Gallo Palace, Palazzo dal Borgo, Residence dal Borgo and find an ad hoc offer for you and your family!